Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Pi Day

We are having a pi party with extended family to celebrate. I might even post some pictures. I made a yogurt cheesecake something (an experiment...we'll see how it tastes) for my "fruit" (we'll smother it in berries) and also a cow pie dessert (no bake oatmeal fudge cookies all in a big pile...may never cool but I wanted to have some fun with my dessert).

I might slice some oranges and then cut the slices like pieces of pie.

My sister-in-law is going to make chicken pot pie for dinner.

Fun.

Do any of you celebrate pi day?

3 comments:

Mama D said...

We haven't celebrated at home, but many of my kids have celebrated Pi day at school and have had a blast with it!

Hope you enjoyed your various pies - and your time with extended family.

Anonymous said...

Pi Day has a Mormon connection--see this article at CNN.

David Bailey, featured in the article, is LDS.

Anonymous said...

Ah, my boys wanted to celebrate Pi day too. But I just wasn't up to rolling out a crust.