Saturday, August 29, 2009

Do not pass go, do not collect $200, just read these essays

These two essays are amazing:

"Hope Arising from the Ashes of Grief," Part 1 and Part 2

I will say that I had the privilege of also talking with these women. I saw a presentation they did a few months ago and was so impressed. Amazed, really. I have since had personal discussions with each of them (one is a good friend of mine, and the other has become a friend). When I talked to them this week about their essays, I heard even more.

Moved to the core, I dropped to my knees in gratitude for the blessing of hearing their stories. Of knowing them. Of feeling of their spirits, their faith, their perspective.

If you have ever felt life was unfair, or that some pain is too great to overcome, or that God is not aware, read these essays.

If you know someone who has lost a child or has experienced other heartrending grief, please invite them to read these essays.

Have you ever had those thoughts creep into your mind, like "How can God allow such terrible suffering?" Or, have you heard someone question the existence of God altogether because of all the suffering we see across the world?

You know what I am going to say. Read these essays.

These stories to me communicate so clearly that God is so aware of ALL His children. That pain does not mean He is not there. That, in fact, sometimes pain is the thing that can help Him help us help His children.

And help Him help us, too.

Enough from me. Read the essays. You'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

forwarded this to two broken-hearted friends...spoke to my heart